Village of Mantua
Safety Committee Meeting
February 22, 2007
MEMBERS PRESENT: Mayor Hopkins, Chief Buchert, Giles Seith and Marty Hura
MEMBERS ABSENT: Matt Roosa
OTHERS PRESENT: Linda Wilke
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 0735am by Giles Seith
- Price from On Guard Fence Co. for handrail on front steps and steps at bottom of walk. Price Quote for $825.00. Ok to proceed. Will contact them and have installed when weather permits.
- ID cards- Chief will contact John Barber and get it moving.
- Marty made motion to select new Chairperson and nominated Giles Seith.- Mayor 2nd nomination and all agreed.
- Minutes from last meeting discussed and approved. Mayor motion to accept and Giles 2nd. All Agreed.
- Handicap parking spots discussed. It was suggested to add an additional one on Prospect Street instead of moving the one from Main Street to Prospect Street. Committee agreed. First spot on Prospect Street east of Main Street will be designated for Handicap Parking also. Memo sent to Ed.
- Committee discussed ways to help businesses with parking issues. Encourage business owners to park in back of business. Chief recommended for Hair Dressers to advise PD if client will be there for extended period of time. All agreed to try and work with businesses.
- West Prospect Street in front of Dr. Heatonís office was agreed that no changes should be made. All parking enforced equally.
- Old Police Car radios are obsolete. Two officers have offered to purchase radios from the department. Committee discussed and agreed to sell radios to officers for $50.00 each.
- Snow Removal Ordinance discussed and committee agreed Village should try and work with merchants.
- Chief suggested a door alert for Dispatch front door. Committee agreed and approved. Also suggested tint for windows in garage and dispatch. Committee discussed. Chief will get prices and take back to committee
- NEW Meeting Date and Time set. Meetings will now be on the 4th Thursday of the month at 6:00am. All agreed.
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL: None
ITEMS REFERRED TO SERVICE COMMITTEE: None
ITEMS TABLED: None
NEXT MEETING: March 22, 2007 @ 6:00 a.m.
ADJOURNED: Meeting adjourned @ 08:10am- Marty motioned , Mayor seconded, all agreed
Giles Seith, Chairperson
H.W. Buchert, Chief of Police