Village of Mantua
Safety Committee Meeting
SEPTEMBER 24, 2009
MEMBERS PRESENT: Chief Buchert, Giles Seith and Marty Hura
MEMBERS ABSENT: Asst. Fire Chief Matt Roosa and Linda Wilke
OTHERS PRESENT: None
CALL TO ORDER: Chief Buchert called the meeting to order at 6:25 a.m. August 2009 minutes were reviewed. Motion to approve minutes by Marty, 2nd by Giles, all ayes.
- Current appropriation summary for Police Department passed out and reviewed. Overtime is back to where it should be and less than last year. With Chief working 10 hour days less overtime it should drop some.
- Siren Tower- Chief contacted Randy Weaver and is waiting.
- Meeting with Hiram Police Chief, next Wednesday on Dispatch.
- Second letter to (1) Auxiliary Officers will been sent out reference hours and intention with this department. Chief has had no response from the first letter. Second letter will be sent certified
- Windham Township Fire Department has signed a contract with Windham Village Fire
- Alarm was put in Council Chambers to alert Mayor when someone was on the second floor
- School lights are operating at this time
- Things have seemed to quiet down in the area of Grand Elm and Glenwood Drive
- Trick or Treat will be Saturday, October 31, 2009, from 5-7pm
- Homecoming Football game will be Friday, October 16, 2009
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL: None
ITEMS REFERRED TO SERVICE COMMITTEE: None
ITEMS TABLED: None
NEXT MEETING: October 29, 2009 @ 6:30 a.m.
ADJOURNED: Meeting adjourned at 7:20 a.m. Motion to adjourn by Giles, 2nd by Marty all ayes.
Giles Seith, Chairperson
H.W. Buchert, Chief of Police