Village of Mantua
Safety Committee Meeting
September 25, 2008
MEMBERS PRESENT: Chief Buchert, Giles Seith and Marty Hura
MEMBERS ABSENT: Asst. Fire Chief Matt Roosa
OTHERS PRESENT: Judy Lisk
CALL TO ORDER: Chief Buchert called the meeting to order at 6:32am. August minutes were reviewed, motion to approve minutes by Marty, 2nd by Giles, all ayes.
- Siren Tower – We have contacted another SteepleJack Co. and are waiting for an estimate. Janet Espisito and Kathleen Chandler are looking into grant funding for this.
- Overtime hours. The Police Department had 498 hours last year; 240 hours this year. A savings of $6400.00
- Budget appropriation. Chief, Dispatch, Hospitalization and Natural Gas need help
- Cruiser Warranties. Warranties have been purchased and financed. The first payment is due January 2009.
- Computers. Nothing new.
- Trick or Treat is on Friday, October 31st from 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Ghost Walk. October 25th from 5:00pm – 9:00pm. We will need one of the Officers to volunteer to dress in an older uniform to help narrate the tour of the building and give directions.
- Mayor’s Office. Income Tax levy. The money would be used to keep Police services where they are currently at. Council would have to make a Resolution to back this up.
- Finance Committee. Chief to go to salary. If Chief would leave or retire, this would be Void for another Chief. This would start in 2009 and last for 3 years. Giles signed the contract for approval.
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL: None
ITEMS REFERRED TO SERVICE COMMITTEE: None
ITEMS TABLED: None
NEXT MEETING: October 30, 2008 at 6:30am.
ADJOURNED: Meeting adjourned at 7:06am
Giles Seith, Chairperson
H.W. Buchert, Chief of Police