Shade Tree Committee
Meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month
immediately following the 6:30 pm Parks meeting in Village Council Chambers.
|Marty Hura Council Member||Term expires 12/31/2017|
|Don Buchert Parks Board Rep||Term expires 12/31/2016|
|Randy Weaver||Term expires 12/31/2016|
|Ashlee Hawkins||Term expires 12/31/2017|
|Wesley Hawkins||Term expires 12/31/2018|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
Mantua Codified Ordinances section 147.06
- It shall be the responsibility of the Tree Commission to develop, administer and maintain a written plan to be known as the Master Tree Plan.
- The Tree Commission, when requested by Council, shall consider, investigate, make finding, report and recommend upon any special matter or question coming within the scope of its work. The Tree Commission shall study the problems and determine the needs of the Village in connection with its tree planting program.
- The Tree Commission shall recommend to the Village Administer the type and kind of trees to be planted upon such Village Streets or parts of Village streets or in parks or cemeteries as designated.
- The Tree Commission shall assist the Village Administrator, as well as the Council and citizens of the Municipality in the dissemination of news and information regarding the selection, planting and maintenance of trees within the corporate limits, whether the same be on private or public property and to make such recommendations from time to time to Council as the desirable legislation concerning tree planting program and activities for the Municipality. The Tree Commission shall work in conjunction with civic and public interest groups devoted to tree care and preservation.
- The Tree Commission shall convene Regular and Special Meetings at which the subject of trees, insofar as it relates to the Municipality may be discussed by members of the Tree Commission, Officers and Personnel of the Village and its several divisions and all others interested in the tree program.
- The Tree Commission shall have the authority to investigate and recommend "Reasonable Conditions" to the granting of a permit in accordance with the terms of this chapter.
Shade Tree Committee Meeting Minutes
April 20, 2016
March 16, 2016
February 17, 2016
January 20, 2016
December 16, 2015
November, 2015 - No Meeting
September, 2015 - No Meeting
March 18, 2015
February 18, 2015
January 21, 2015
October 20, 2014
August 20, 2014
July 16, 2014
June 18, 2014
May 21, 2014
March 19, 2014
January 22, 2014
December 18, 2013
November 20, 2013
March 5, 2012